In 2015, Argos for Business launched the idea of a national day to remind all business leaders the importance and impact a simple thank you can have on people and business performance. And Employee Motivation Day (EMD) was born.
Since then thousands of businesses have used EMD as a way to bring motivation and its importance to the forefront of their leaders thinking and behaviour.
Motivate all year. Benefit all year.
We believe putting employee motivation at the heart of business thinking will help inspire passion and appreciation across your colleagues, whatever your business.
Using the idea of holding your own Employee Motivation Day in your company can be a great starting point to encourage everyone in your business to show their appreciation for everyone’s hard work, and really start the journey to boosting morale, performance and team spirit.
- If you’re a leader, running an Employee Motivation Day, on a day of your choice, is your chance to motivate your employees, helping to get the best out of them. Companies should acknowledge and reward employees in ways that suit the individual. Ultimately, a one-size fits all approach is not advisable, particularly when you consider how many personalities make up a team.
- For staff, it’s your chance to recognise the contribution your colleagues make to the team.
Want to get involved?
Create your own Employee Motivation Day for your business and let us know what you get up to. Remember to be creative and include everyone within your organisation to really put motivation and appreciation back on everyone’s agenda for 2017.
- You can share your great motivational stories via our Facebook page or Twitter feed
- Use the hash tags #NatMotivateDay #EmployeeMotivationDay #emd #MakeTheTeam
- Check out what other companies have done, and follow us for regular ideas and updates.
SOME MOTIVATIONAL IDEAS FROM ARGOS FOR BUSINESS
Gift cards can be the simple way to reward and motivate staff or customers
With over 50,000 products - there's something for everybody!
Give everybody extra reasons to keep going towards the goal
Talk to the experts about how you can make motivation work for your organisation